Policies & Regulations
Effective July 1st, 2019
- Reserving the Amity House for an event requires the following: a completed reservation form signed by the Rentee and an Amity House representative, a security deposit, and a deposit of 50% of the total rental fee. The remaining 50% balance is required 10 days prior to the event. If the balance of the rental fee is not paid, the reservation shall automatically become void. The security deposit is returned to rentee within 10 days after event if rentee has abided by the Policies & Regulations set forth and no damage has resulted in the use of the facility. A $45.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. The venue can be reserved up to one year in advance, dependent upon availability. Rentee is financially obligated for the entire time reserved. Refunds are not given for unused time.
- To receive the nonprofit rental rate for an event, proof of nonprofit status relative to the event is required. An applicant may show that it is a nonprofit organization by any of the following means: (a) Proof that the IRS recognizes the organization as a 501(c)(3), (b) A statement from a State taxing body or the State attorney general certifying that: The organization is a nonprofit organization operating within the State, (c) A certified copy of the applicant’s certificate of incorporation or similar document if it clearly establishes the nonprofit status of the applicant, (d) Any item described in a-c if that item applies to a State or National parent organization, together with a statement by the State or parent organization that the applicant is a local nonprofit affiliate.
- Lessee must be 21 years of age or older. An adult chaperone 21 years of age or older must be present during any youth related events.
- Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the event are entitled to a refund of the security deposit and any rental fees paid. Cancellations made within 30 days of the event forfeit the security deposit.
- Amity House provides the setup and tear down of Amity House tables and chairs. Any other furniture setup or additions to the space for an event are the responsibility of the Rentee.
- Amity House should be informed of any additions that will be made to the venue during the event.
- Food Preparation: Cooking is not allowed inside of the building. Inside the venue - The catering kitchen is not equipped for cooking therefore it should not be used in that manner. Caterers should supply their own chafing dishes with fuel canisters to keep food hot. Meal related serving and eating utensils are not supplied. Rentee or caterer must furnish all supplies needed for food preparation, serving and consumption.
- Electric devices used in the facility must require no more than 110v outlets and approved by Amity House staff.
- NO decorations of any kind shall be attached to walls, lights, floors, ceilings or doors unless specifically permitted by Amity House staff.
- Confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice are prohibited inside and outside of the building.
- Fog and Smoke machines are not permitted inside of the building.
- Open flames are not permitted inside or outside of the building except the following: votive candles tealight candles & chaffing dishes only if approved by Amity House staff.
- Lessee must leave the venue in the same condition in which it was found.
- Only service animals are allowed inside of the building unless approved by Amity House staff.
- Weapons, except those carried by On-Duty Law Enforcement not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages and recreational drugs of any kind is not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted inside of the building.
- Rentee must observe and obey all applicable federal, state and local jurisdictions laws.
- Amity House is not responsible for any property that is lost or stolen during the event rental.
- Rentee is responsible for informing his/her organization or group and vendors (such as caterers) of the Amity House Rules and Regulations.
- Noise shall be contained to the inside of the facility and shall not be a disturbance to the area surrounding the facility. No D.J.’s are permitted and no loitering will be tolerated. There shall be no obnoxious actions or attitudes tolerated on the property. Any violations shall be at the sole judgment of Lady’s Funeral Home, Amity House staff, its owners and directors on duty or the Kannapolis Police Department.
- Rentee is responsible for all damage, accidents or claims occurring in the facility by any act, omission, default, subcontractors, employees, patrons, guests admitted to the facility by Rentee, or by negligence of the Rentee during the event. If damage is done to the facility Rentee will pay the cost of restoring the facility to the condition it was at the beginning of the rental. Amity House will not be held responsible for injuries to any persons using the facility or to any vehicles parked on the Amity House property. Rentee assumes all responsibilities and liabilities associated with the use of the facility during the event.
Any person or group violating the Amity House Rules and Regulations is subject to immediate eviction from the premises and prosecution under the law, if necessary. Rentee’s security deposit will be subject to forfeiture. Obvious misuse of the facility may result in the forfeiture of future reservations.